To activate the Google Webmaster Tools feature for your domain, please proceed as follows:
- Log into your Google Webmaster Tools account [a] by clicking here
- If yet you do not have a Google Webmaster Tools account, you can sign up for free by hitting ‘Create an account now’ [b] on the above link
- Once logged into your Google Webmaster Tools account, click on ‘Add a site’
- Enter your Website URL in the following format: http://www.yourdomain.com/ [a] and hit ‘Continue’ [b]
- Click on ‘This HTML verification file’ and save the HTML verification file on your Desktop
- Then log into your Cabanova account, edit your Website, go the ‘File’ ribbon [a], hit ‘SEO’ [b]
- Select the ‘Google Webmaster Tools’ tab [a]
- Hit ‘Upload HTML Verification File’ [b]
- Navigate the your Desktop and select the Google HTML file you downloaded earlier [a] then hit ‘Open’ [b]
- Click on ‘OK’ on the SEO Panel
- Then go back to your Google Webmaster Tools account and hit ‘Verify’
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Click on ‘Site configuration’ [a] and select ‘Sitemaps’ [b]
- Click on ‘Submit a Sitemap’ [a], enter sitemap.xml in the displayed field [b] and hit ‘Submit Sitemap’ [c]
The Sitemap submission status will be first set to (Pending) then to (Validated)
At this point, the Google Webmaster Tools feature is correctly activated.
However, your Website won’t get instantaneously indexed and available through Google Search.
The indexing process may take between 48 hours and a few days to complete.
Once your Website is fully indexed, a search on Google with your site name for example should list your Website among the first results.
In addition to the Google Webmaster Tools feature, Cabanova put at your disposal further SEO (Search Engine Optimization) options, which you can activate to improve your Website ranking on Google by clicking here.