Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm CET
(Standard national / international calling rates apply)
Help and Support Center
How can I import a Microsoft Word document into my page?
Posted by Sanjeev Kanth on 31 May 2011 09:50 AM
If the content of the Microsoft Word Document is plain text, you may simply copy it and paste into a text box, which you can then customize and stylize.|
You have also the possibility to create a Download Link for the Microsoft Word Document whether its content is plain or rich text (Containing images, shapes, tables…) and make it available for download through your Website.
1. To copy/paste the Microsoft Word document content into a text box:
- Insert a text box by going to the ‘Insert’ ribbon and clicking on ‘Text’
- Open the Microsoft Word document and copy the content into the clipboard
- Go back to the Sitebuilder and left-click on the text box the text will be pasted to
- Then right-click on the text and select ‘Paste’
You can then customize your text by following the instructions on this link.
2. To create a download link for the Microsoft Word Document:
- Insert an object which will be set as a Download Link by going to the ‘Insert’ ribbon (It can be a text box, a button, an image…)
- Left-click on the inserted object to edit it then click on the ‘Link’ icon
- Select ‘Download Link’ from the ‘Link Type’ window
- Click on ‘Add File’ and navigate to Microsoft Word document
- Select it and click on ‘Open’
- Then select the uploaded file from the ‘Link Type’ window and click on ‘OK’
- Republish your Website by going ‘File’ and hitting ‘Publish Live’
After republishing your Website, when a visitor clicks on the linked object, the Microsoft Word document will automatically open in a new window.